If how to lose weight is a question that’s been on your mind in 2023, we’re here to help you answer it. Since the New Year always calls for a fresh start, because that’s what New Year resolutions are all about, this is a good time to kick some old habits to the curb and adopt some healthy new ones. More often than not, the things you’d like to achieve in the coming 12 months are unfinished business from 2023 that you’ve carried with you into 2023. One of these things, without a doubt, is your never-ending quest to figure out how to lose weight. So, to help you achieve your weight loss target for the year as early as possible, we’re letting you in on an exercise and diet routine that could change your life for the better. Not only will it help you drop weight but it will also help you achieve your fitness goals much earlier than you thought you ever could.
7 steps to lose 4.5 kg in 7 days
If you want to know how to lose weight fast and effectively, you have to follow a strict fitness regime. This plan will work wonders especially for people who are looking to lose a lot of weight in a short span of time. Although it’s not a long-term sustainable fix, this can help kick-start 2018 on a positive note and provide some motivation to lose (more) weight. You will be able to see results after following these easy tips for just a week.
But before you set out to follow this weight-loss regime, you should know that you are not going to lose pure body fat. Due to the calorie deficit required to burn each kilo of fat, it is not possible to lose 4.5 kg of pure body fat in just one week. Although a lot of the weight you lose will certainly comprise body fat, you will tend to shed kilos by dropping excess water weight from your body. This is because the plan involves lowering your insulin levels and ridding your body of stored carbs that hold water.
Your body can store about 300-500 grams of carbs in the form of glycogen, which is known to hold about thrice the amount of water weight. A reduction in the level of insulin in your body will also result in your kidneys shedding out excess sodium which will ultimately lead to reduced water retention. Apart from reducing body fat and water weight, your body may also shed some kilos due to undigested food and fiber as well as less intestinal wastage in your digestive system. Here are 7 simple steps to follow to lose weight in 7 days:
1. Reduce carbs, increase proteins
A low carb diet could play a major role in reducing the kilos from your body quickly. There are various studies that support the fact that a low-carb diet is extremely effective in helping you lose weight and improve your overall health. You could also reduce water weight and bloating through a short-term decrease in carb intake. If you opt for a low-carb diet, you could begin seeing results on the weighing scale as early as the next morning from beginning your diet.
Protein helps boost your metabolism while also reducing your appetite. Hence, your diet should comprise protein heavy meals to help you lose weight. Reduce starchy carbs and sugars for the entire week and instead, replace them with low-carb veggies. Increase your protein intake in the form of eggs, lean meats and fish.
2. Avoid processed junk food, eat whole foods
Another key to losing weight quickly is to consume simple whole foods. These foods tend to be filling and make it easier to consume lesser calories without making you feel too hungry. So, during the entire week, stick to single ingredient whole foods to help you lose weight quickly. And stay away from foods that are processed or packaged. Remember, lean proteins and low-carb veggies are your go-to foods during the diet.
3. Reduce calorie intake
If you’re aiming at weight-loss, one of the most important factors to keep in mind is to reduce calorie intake. The key to losing fat is to eat fewer calories than you expend. So, in order to reduce calorie intake, follow these simple tips:
a. Count your calories: You could use a calorie counting app to know exactly what is in the food you’re eating while you’re trying to plan how to lose weight. This way, you can keep an exact track of the calories and nutrients you’re consuming. b. Reduce the number of your meals: Make it a habit to eat dinner early and avoid eating anything post dinner to help in digestion of your food. c. Cut down on condiments: Certain sauces and condiments are dense in calories. Avoid including those in your routine diet. d. Load up on veggies: Limit starchy carbs and added fats in your plate but load up on fresh and healthy veggies instead. e. Opt for lean proteins: Even while consuming protein dense foods, choose proteins that are lower in fat such as chicken and fish. f. Don’t drink calories: Avoid sugary drinks, aerated drinks and sodas during the diet. Instead opt for water and zero-calorie drinks. Protein shakes are good too, but count them as a meal since they are quite filling.
4. Incorporate HIIT in your fitness regime and lift weights
As important as it is to remember that your diet also plays an integral part in your plan of how to lose weight, one of the easiest ways to drop a few kilos is through exercise. You need to be able to achieve a balance between the two to get effective results. The exercises that you could perform during the week are resistance training exercises – such as weight lifting – which lead to a similar amount of weight loss as aerobic training. These will also help you add and maintain muscle mass and strength.
Other workouts such as full body resistance training workouts are a great way to reduce the carb storage and water weight in your body. This will help your efforts of how to lose weight quicker. Weight lifting also has certain advantages such as protecting your metabolism and hormone levels which often tend to decline while you’re on a diet. High Intensity Interval Training has also proved to be a very effective method to help lose weight fast.
According to research, just 5-10 minutes of HIIT can be beneficial for your health and weight-loss amounting to five times that of regular exercise. Similar to weight lifting, HIIT exercises can quickly decrease muscle carb stores, and boost metabolism and fat-burning hormones, which are other important aspects of weight-loss.
HIIT exercises can be performed three to four times a week either as part of your regular fitness regime or post-workout. Ensure you’re performing these exercises with 100 percent intensity for maximum effect and most sprints shouldn’t last more than 30 seconds each.
A few of the HIIT exercises that you could perform are as follows:
Session one could consist of 10 reps of 20 second sprints with 40 seconds rest in between.
Session two could be 15 reps of 15 second sprints with 30 seconds rest in between.
Session three could have 7 reps of 30 second sprints with 60 seconds rest in between.
Lastly, session four could be 20 reps of 10 second sprints with 20 seconds rest in between.
These exercises could be done by running either indoors or outdoors. They could also be applied to a cardio machine at the gym such as a bike, rower or treadmill.
5. Stay active even outside the gym
Increasing your daily physical activity could help you lose weight faster and burn extra calories. Your overall daily activities impact your fitness level to a great extent and also helps combat obesity and weight-loss. If you’re doing a desk job as compared to a manual job, your sedentary work life could mean that you’re unable to burn up to 1,000 calories per day. This amounts to the same as 90-120 minutes of high-intensity exercise at the gym. You could incorporate simple lifestyle changes such as walking or cycling to nearby destinations, taking stairs instead of elevators, standing more often or even helping out in household chores. You’d be surprised at the calories you could burn by following these simple changes.
6. Try Intermittent Fasting
Another great way how to lose weight is by following intermittent fasting. It helps you reduce calorie intake since it involves reducing your food consumption to a short span of time. Intermittent fasting could include a 16-hour fast with an 8-hour window to consume food or a 20-hour fast with a 4-hour window to consume food. Try fasting at a different time from your work out if you plan on combining fasting and exercise for effective weight-loss.
7. Reduce water retention with these tips
There are a ton of ways through which you could reduce water weight and appear lean and light. Follow these simple tips to reduce water weight in your body to help you achieve weight loss quickly:
a. Dandelion extract: Take this supplement to help you reduce water retention b. Drink coffee: Coffee contains caffeine and a healthy dose of it could help you burn more fat and lose excess water weight, according to several studies c. Keep a tab on your intolerances: Identify what your foods your body cannot tolerate and keep away from them. Lactose or gluten can lead to excess water retention and result in bloating. Hence, they can be completely avoided.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our lifestyle has drastically changed, limiting our physical activity. Trapped inside our homes, we have easy access to leisure and food, which added many unwanted elements to our lives. If your clothes from last year don’t fit anymore — worry not, you are not alone. The idea is not to stress and drop those extra kilos from the body.
Diet Plan to Lose 10 Kg Weight In A Month
This article will introduce a highly rigorous diet plan to lose 10 kg weight in a month. This 10-kg weight loss diet plan is initially challenging. However, with the right motivation, you will get used to it and start enjoying the process.
We need at least 1,500-2,000 calories in a day. By planning 10 kg weight loss in one month, we reduce it to 1,000 calories per day.
To lose 10 kgs, we must note that we should burn extra calories to create a calorie deficit. With a balanced diet behaviour, include 30 minutes of physical exercise in your daily routine. You can also opt for Yoga which gives fantastic results if practised at the start of the day.
Besides, Yoga is advisable if you have any existing health conditions including diabetes, obesity, and thyroid or any food allergies.
Morning Detox Plan
Check out these exciting detox drinks that’ll help accelerate weight loss at home:
- A glass of lukewarm water with half a lemon and a teaspoon of honey.
- Boil a tablespoon of cumin in a glass of water and add it to your lemon-honey detox water. It burns fat efficiently.
- Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and ½ tablespoon of cayenne pepper to a glass of lukewarm water to whip a fat-burning detox drink.
- Add a tablespoon of ginger paste and two tablespoons of fresh mint paste to a glass of warm water.
- Blend cucumber with mint leaves and half a thumb of ginger. Dilute the paste in a litre of water and consume it first thing in the morning.
Must Read: How to Lose Weight Quickly in 2 Weeks?
Indian Diet Plan To Lose 10 Kg In a Month
10 kg Weight Loss in 1-Month Diet Chart
let’s distribute the daily calorie intake of 1,000 through breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Our target is to intake 250 calories at breakfast, 300 calories at lunch, 250 calories at dinner, 200 calories at mid-morning and an evening snack at 100 calories.
The first meal of the day is indispensable, and you should pack it with proteins and vitamins. Here are five breakfast ideas:
- Idli Sambar: This savoury Indian preparation is perfect for those on a weight loss journey. Take two medium-sized steamed idlis with 1/2 bowl of sambar, which adds up to 230 calories.
- Oatmeal Bowl: Low On Calories, High On Fibre: A bowl of oatmeal is a perfect healthy breakfast. You can take this with either skimmed milk or homemade curd. Add a ripe banana for sweetness; you can also load it with grapes, diced apples, and berries.
- Poha: Cook your poha with a spoon of ghee, mustard seeds, chopped veggies, coriander leaves and some lemon juice. A bowl of poha keeps you full for several hours.
- Healthy Smoothie: Blend some baby spinach, one medium-sized apple, half a carrot, half a beetroot, half a banana, half a cucumber, one cup water, one cup curd into a smoothie. You can add a teaspoon of honey to sweeten it. Also, carry four soaked and peeled almonds on the go.
- Bread-Omelette: While the above breakfasts fit perfectly in a vegetarian diet plan, a simple non-vegetarian breakfast is an omelette with two egg whites, an egg yellow tossed in olive oil and baby spinach. Add two brown bread toasts to stay full for a longer time.
Must Read: Things You Should Avoid To Lose Weight
Some fantastic lunch ideas that go with this 10 kg weight loss diet plan:
- Brown Rice, Dal: Brown rice is rich in fibre and antioxidants, and it adds multiple health benefits to your routine. Fill your regular lunch bowl with half a serving of steamed brown rice and thickly cooked tur, moong or masoor dal. Don’t miss adding a serving of sliced cucumber, onions, and tomatoes.
- Multigrain Chapati And Chicken Curry: Two chapatis made from multigrain wheat and a bowl of chicken curry will keep you full for prolonged hours while giving your body the much-needed dose of fiber and protein.
- Vegetable Bowl With Chickpeas: Take ½ cup soaked and boiled chickpeas seasoned with a pinch of salt. Add carrots, beet, beans, broccoli and a pinch of salt to a bowl of boiled vegetables. Add the boiled chickpeas to it. Sprinkle lemon juice and mix well. This would make a nutritious, fiber-rich and wholesome lunch pack.
- Chicken Sandwich: For an easy and quick lunch, you can prepare a chicken sandwich with two slices of multigrain bread stuffed with chunks of grilled chicken breast, two tomato slices, three onion rings, and two freshly chopped lettuce leaves.
- Salmon fish, Veggies, Rice: Add a grilled salmon fillet to your serving as it contains around 124 calories. Enjoy it with one bowl of rice and a side of mixed veg curry.
Must Read: How Can You Lose Weight In One Day?
Munch on these snacks at around 11 AM and 5 PM:
- Green Tea, Rusk: Ditch your regular tea for green tea as it’s a good antioxidant. Add two rusk slices made of whole wheat or sooji.
- Whole Fruits: Whole fruits are always recommended over fruit juice as the latter lacks fibre. On days you have not had a banana for breakfast, have it as a snack. You can also pick a whole apple, guava or pear.
- Nuts: Four almonds and a few raisins make a healthy snack on the go. You can also take two dates with it. To stay full, add an oat biscuit to the meal.
- Hardboiled Eggs: You can also eat hardboiled eggs for a quick snack. You may eat two eggs in a day, but try to have only an egg yolk because yellow is high cholesterol.
- Protein bars: Sugarless protein bars are also an excellent snacking option, but it’s best if you make them at home with lots of dry fruits, using dates as a sweetener.
Since it’s your last meal of the day, we recommend finishing your dinner by 7 PM. Here are five low calories dinner choices:
- Vegetable Wrap: Treat yourself to two whole-wheat mixed vegetable wraps. These are nutritious, delicious, and simple to make.
- Chicken Noodle Soup: A bowl of chicken soup with boiled wheat noodles, boiled carrots, cabbage, spring onions, and sweet potatoes is offbeat and healthy.
- Chapati And Soya Curry: Soya curry is rich in proteins and fibres. Pair it with two chapatis.
- Scrambled Eggs: A scrambled egg with loads of finely chopped vegetables; add a bowl of leftover dal from lunchtime.
- Paratha, Raita: Have a wholewheat paratha with a bowl of curd seasoned with roasted cumin, coriander powder, finely chopped onion and chilli.
Must Read: Healthy Eating Habits For Weight Loss!
Expert Tips to Follow While Doing This Diet
- Always drink a glass of water 15 minutes before having a meal.
- If you’re craving sweet, have a date or a ripe banana.
- Start your day with some free-hand exercises, if not a full-fledged workout routine.
- Try to get at least seven hours of sleep.
- Drink more water while you are following this diet plan.
Remember to drink a glass of lukewarm water right before hitting the bed. It’ll help flush out all the toxins from your body the next morning.
Aiming to lose five kgs in two weeks? Struggling to find a balanced diet plan that can help you? You don’t have to stress anymore. Here is a healthy and effective Indian diet plan that will help you achieve this goal.
Indian Diet Plan to Lose 5KG Weight in Two Weeks
This Indian diet plan can accelerate weight loss without compromising taste or health. While experts recommend slow and steady weight loss for long-term benefits, aiming to lose one kg per week is safe. Do note that you may see around 2 kgs or more weight reduction in the first week as you will likely lose water weight.
It is crucial to verify the suitability of any diet plan to your unique health condition and weight loss needs. It is thus best to consult an experienced doctor and a qualified nutritionist before making any changes to your daily diet. It will help prevent any health complications, deficiencies or food allergies and achieve healthy weight loss.
Water Weight And Quick Weight Loss
In the initial phase of your weight loss journey, you will notice a quick drop in your weight as you lose the water in your body.
When you get on a low-calorie diet, especially consuming fewer carbohydrates combined with exercise, your body uses glycogen stored in the liver and skeletal muscles. Your body may hold up to 3-4 grams of water for every gram of glycogen. So when you switch to a low-carb diet, your glycogen stores are exhausted and you lose water weight fast.
If your weight fluctuates a lot you are most likely losing water weight. On the other hand, if you start looking leaner while following a balanced, low-calorie diet and exercising regularly, you are losing mainly fat. This, however, takes longer.
-Lavanya Parthasarathy, PhD, CDE
Must Read: Exercise & Weight Loss: Surprising Myths & Facts!
Indian Diet Plan Week 1
Here’s is the diet plan with approximately 1,200 – 1,500 calories for the first week:
- Breakfast: A glass of warm water, lemon juice and honey. After an hour or so, have a bowl of oatmeal with non-dairy milk such as almond milk topped with chia seeds.
- Lunch: 1 cup of mixed vegetables + 1 cup dal + 2 multigrain rotis + 1 cup green salad.
- Dinner: 1 cup bottle guard curry + 1 cup dal+ 1 cup brown rice + 1 roti + buttermilk.
- Snack: 1 cup green tea with 6-7 soaked almonds.
- Breakfast: Start your day with cucumber detox water. For breakfast, you can have two vegetable stuffed rotis + 1 cup curd + 1 small apple.
- Lunch: Skimmed milk paneer curry + 1 cup dal + 1 cup spinach rice + 2 rotis.
- Dinner: 1 cup vegetable soup + 1 cup lentil curry + carrot and peas curry + 2 rotis + 1 cup salad.
- Snack: 1 small banana + 1 cup buttermilk.
- Breakfast: Have one glass of cucumber detox water + yoghurt smoothie with fruits and nuts + omelette (1 egg) + 1 multigrain toast.
- Lunch: 1 cup green gram whole dal + 1 cup methi rice + 1 roti + 1 cup green salad.
- Dinner: 1 cup sautéed vegetables with paneer + 1 roti + green chutney + salad.
- Snack: 1 cup green tea with a small bowl of roasted chickpeas.
- Breakfast: 1 cup peas poha + green chutney + 1 cup coffee with little sugar.
- Lunch: 1 cup of mixed vegetables + 1 cup lentil curry + 1 cup brown rice or 2 rotis.
- Dinner: 1 cup palak chole + 1 cup steamed rice + tomato and beetroot salad.
- Snack: 1 cup papaya + 1 glass buttermilk.
- Breakfast: Lemon detox water + 1 cup daliya upma + 1 cup curd.
- Lunch: Low fat paneer curry + 2 missi rotis + salad.
- Dinner: Vegetable khichdi + 1 cup curd + palak tomato soup.
- Snack: Moong dal chila (Mung bean pancakes)+ green chutney + green tea.
- Breakfast: 1 cup sambar + 3 small multigrain idlis + coconut chutney.
- Lunch: 1 cup moong dal sprouts + 1 stuffed vegetable paratha + 1 cup curd + salad.
- Dinner: 1 cup green vegetable (any) + 2 bajra rotis + 1 cup dal + 1 cup green salad.
- Snack: 1 glass of masala chaas + 6-7 soaked almonds.
- Breakfast: 1 cup daliya with milk (no sugar) + 1 banana.
- Lunch: low fat paneer curry + 1 cup dal + 2 bajra rotis + 1 cup rice + salad.
- Dinner: 1 cup egg curry + 1 cup brown rice + salad.
- Snack: 2 besan chillas with green chutney.
Approximate Weight Loss in First Week
After one week’s diet, you can expect to lose two kgs or more weight. Do note that factors such as your age, genetics, your weight prior to the diet and physical activity can contribute to your weight loss.
Must Read: Healthy Meal Plan For Weight Loss: Selection Tips
Indian Diet Plan Week 2
After the first week, you will get into the routine and be motivated to continue the diet plan that will further your weight loss efforts.
- Breakfast: Detox barley water + 1 brown bread toast + omelette with 2 egg whites + a handful of nuts or seeds.
- Lunch: 1 cup mixed veg curry + 1 cup brown rice+ 1 multigrain roti + salad + 1 cup curd.
- Dinner: 1 cup sautéed vegetables with mushroom + 1 cup spinach rice + 1 glass buttermilk.
- Snack: 1 cup green tea.
- Breakfast: 1 cup oatmeal without sugar topped with chia seeds + 1 banana.
- Lunch: ½ cup dal without tadka, 1 cup paneer curry + 2 bajra rotis + salad.
- Dinner: 1 bowl vegetable tomato curry with broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, bell peppers and mushrooms + 1 cup steamed rice.
- Snack: ½ plate fruit salad with nuts and seeds.
- Breakfast: 1 cup rava upma and vegetables + 1 fruit of your choice.
- Lunch: 1 cup dal+ 1 cup sabzi + 2 multigrain rotis + 1 cup salad.
- Dinner: 1 cup low fat paneer curry with 2 missi rotis + salad.
- Snack: 1 cup buttermilk with 5-6 soaked almonds.
- Breakfast: 1 cup dahlia with fruits.
- Lunch: 1 cup bhindi curry + 1 cup lentil curry + 2 bajra rotis + salad.
- Dinner: 1 cup palak chole + 1 cup steamed brown rice.
- Snack: Coffee with milk and less sugar.
- Breakfast: 1 ½ cup peas poha + 1 glass buttermilk + 5-6 almonds.
- Lunch: 1 cup kadhi + 1 cup sabzi + 2 jowar rotis + 1 cup brown rice + salad.
- Dinner: 1 cup sprouted salad + 1 lentil curry + 1 cup green vegetable + rotis + 1 cup curd.
- Snack: Poha with tea (no sugar).
- Breakfast: Cucumber detox water + grilled paneer with green chutney + sugar-free muesli with non-dairy milk.
- Lunch: 1 cup vegetable curry + 1 cup dal + 1 cup brown rice + 1 cup buttermilk.
- Dinner: Dal khichdi with 1 cup curd + salad.
- Snack: 2 besan chilla with green chutney.
- Breakfast: Jeera detox water + 1 cup oatmeal with blueberries, banana and apple.
- Lunch: 1 cup of potato, brinjal and tomato curry + 2 jowar rotis + 1 cup salad + 1 glass masala chaas.
- Dinner: Boiled chickpea salad + 1 cup vegetable curry + 1 cup brown rice.
- Snack: 1 medium apple.
Approximate Weight Loss In Second Week
After the second week, you can lose 2kgs or more. Your body will sustain the weight for as long as you continue with the diet plan.
Rate Of Weight Loss And Weight Regain
There is always a concern about regaining lost weight, especially if your weight loss was quick. Rapid weight loss may be just as beneficial and safe as slow weight loss, according to recent studies.
With diet-induced weight loss, most people gain back half their lost weight within a year and almost all of them will regain it in 3 years. So, the rate at which you lose weight, be it with a very low-calorie diet or a moderate-calorie diet, the effect of weight regain at the end of one year seems to be the same.
Physical activity plays a critical role in keeping the lost weight away. When you try to lose weight slowly, you incorporate healthy habits like eating whole grains and fruits and vegetables and avoiding processed foods and exercising. This is the only way for long-term weight management.
-Lavanya Parthasarathy, PhD, CDE
Must Read: How to Lose weight in One month?
Tips While Following The Indian Diet Plan For Weight Loss
These tips will help you maintain your diet
- Eat slowly and mindfully.
- Control your portion sizes.
- Engage in physical activities like walking, jogging, sprinting, or swimming for 150-250 minutes per week to prevent weight gain.
- Try high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to maximize the burning of calories and harmful fat.
- Eat more soluble fiber and less refined or processed foods.
- Limit daily snacking.
- Get at least eight hours of sleep.
- Maintain a food journal to track calories.
Must Read: Healthy Eating Habits For Weight Loss!
This Indian diet plan is balanced and helps shed extra kilos. Having a calorie-conscious diet plan with minor lifestyle adjustments will accelerate safe weight loss and help you keep it off in the long run. Moderate physical activity also stimulates calorie burn and helps you achieve weight loss and maintain it.
Take a Glance at the 7 Days GM Diet Plan: Foods For Weight Loss In 7 Days
The GM diet is strictly divided into seven days where each day allows you to eat a variety of foods or dietary groups. The GM diet stimulates weight loss by creating a calorie deficit and including many foods that are rich in water content.
Here is a breakdown of the GM diet plan and which food groups you can consume.
- GM Diet Day 1 – Fruits only
- GM Diet Day 2 – Vegetables only
- GM Diet Day 3 – Fruits and vegetables
- GM Diet Day 4 – Bananas and milk
- GM Diet Day 5 – Meat
- GM Diet Day 6 – Meat and vegetables
- GM Diet Day 7 – Rice, fruit and vegetable juice
7 Days GM Diet Chart To Help You Shed Kilos Faster
The GM diet chart is focused on the increased intake of fruits and vegetables thereby resulting in low-calorie consumption. Furthermore, this 7 days diet plan encourages the consumption of complex carbohydrates as well as 8–12 glasses of water each day to aid fat loss. Here is the original version of the GM diet chart as introduced by General Motors for their employees:
Six Potential Health Benefits of the GM Diet Plan: Why Follow The General Motors Diet?
Although there is a lot of controversy revolving around this 7 days diet plan, it is considered the best weight loss diet by many due to some major benefits noticed by the proponents.
In addition to limiting bad eating habits, minimising consumption of weight-gaining foods and beverages, and promoting the intake of fruits and vegetables, the following are some of the key benefits of the GM diet plan for weight loss:
1. Avoidance of Sugar
Apart from fructose, this 7 day diet plan for weight loss ensures there is practically no exposure to any other kind of sugar content.
Due to the consumption of large amounts of water and healthy food and restricting the intake of any kind of junk food, this meal plan for weight loss ensures your body eliminates excess toxins and flushes out waste.
3. Glowing Skin
By detoxifying your body, this 7 day weight loss diet plan also improves skin health and gives it a natural glow.
4. Boosts Metabolism
This quick weight loss diet plan also promotes healthy eating habits and greater intake of water both of which aid boost metabolism. A higher metabolic rate ensures a greater amount of burnt calories which eventually brings about weight loss.
5. Improves Digestion
The food consumed throughout the 7-day course is rich in fibre and thus improves your bowel movement.
6. Promotes Good Eating Habits, In General
This 7 day weight loss diet plan, in general, promotes the consumption of fruits and vegetables, which are low in calories and high in fibre content and inculcates the habit of avoiding eating any kind of junk food.
The GM diet plan for weight loss also limits daily calorie consumption to about 1000-1200. This prevents fat accumulation within the body, keeps the stomach satiated for longer durations and thus stops a person from ending up overeating.
Easy To Follow 7 Day GM Diet Plan & Menu To Transform Your Body: The Indian Version
Although the Indian version of this 7 days diet plan is not very different from its original version that was designed for the employees of General Motors, there are some slight variations for vegetarians and vegans.
Along with a daily water intake of 10-12 glasses, the following is the General Motors diet and foods for weight loss in 7 days to be followed throughout the course of the week.
Day 1: Fruits
Day 1 of the GM diet is dedicated to fruits and you can start off your day with as many fruits as you like – except for bananas. With no specific instructions, this fruit diet for weight loss in 7 days is designed to ensure you have a fibre-rich diet and low-fat consumption.
The high water content absorbed in the body by eating fruits along with the consumption of 8 to 12 glasses of water in the day ensures your body flushes out the toxins stored inside and kick start your body for the rest of the six days.
Here is the fruit diet for weight loss in 7 days as per the GM diet plan:
- Breakfast: One bowl of watermelon/kiwi or an apple/pomegranate
- Lunch: One bowl of papaya or muskmelon
- Evening Snack: One glass of coconut water
- Dinner: One guava/ orange or a bowl of berries (strawberries, litchi)
- Bed-Time Snacks: One bowl of watermelon/grapes
- Avoid any kind of cream, honey or sugar dressing on your fruit bowl.
- At no point during the day should you starve yourself.
- If you are very hungry, there are no exact instructions on how much fruit you can consume.
Day 2: Vegetables
The second day of the GM diet is all about eating vegetables, which can be eaten raw or cooked in any way you choose, as long as you don’t use oil in the preparation. However, on Day 2 of the General Motors diet plan, it’s crucial to avoid fruits.
- Breakfast: One large or two small-sized potatoes/ bowl of corn kernels or green peas
- Lunch: One large bowl of cabbage soup
- Evening Snack: 2-3 medium-sized cherry tomatoes
- Dinner: One cup broccoli
- Bed-Time Snacks: One bowl of cucumber/ carrots
You may either eat your veggies raw, boiled or cooked and lightly seasoned with pepper, rock salt, vinegar or herbs.
Cabbage soup can be prepared by boiling together a cabbage, a small carrot and 2-3 tomatoes in about half a litre of water, adding to that a handful of chopped onions light fried in olive oil and seasoning the mixture with rock salt, herbs and peppers.
Olive oil may be substituted with pure ghee.
- Restrict consumption of potatoes or any other starch-containing vegetables like corn or peas only for the breakfast and in limited amounts (100 – 150 calories) as it will provide enough energy throughout the day.
- Avoid eating deep-fried vegetables.
Day 3: Fruits and Vegetables
The GM diet’s third day consists of a combination of fruits and vegetables. You might eat the same fruits and vegetables on Day 1 and Day 2 or an entirely different set. The only thing to remember is to avoid bananas and potatoes.
- Breakfast: One bowl of watermelon/ or an apple or about half a pineapple
- Lunch: One large bowl of cabbage soup
- Evening Snack: 2-3 medium-sized cherry tomatoes
- Dinner: One cup broccoli
- Bed-Time Snacks: One bowl of cucumber/ carrots
Avoid bananas, mangoes and potatoes, corn or peas.
Day 4: Bananas and Milk
While you have to avoid bananas for the first three days, the fourth day is about eating 8 to 10 bananas throughout the day and having a big glass of milk with each meal. However, make sure you don’t consume potatoes or sweet potatoes at any point in the day.
- Breakfast: Two large bananas with a glass of skimmed milk (750 ml)
- Lunch: Two large bananas with a glass of skimmed milk
- Evening Snack: A bowl of cabbage soup.
- Dinner: Two large bananas with a glass of skimmed milk
- Bed-Time Snacks: Nothing
Regular milk can be substituted with soy milk and bananas with figs
- Avoid adding any sweeteners, honey or sugar to the milk.
- Do not put cornstarch in the soup.
- Mostly prefer skimmed milk.
Day 5: Meat
When following the GM diet to lose weight in 7 days, the fifth day is dedicated to meat to fulfil your protein intake. However, if you are a vegetarian, you can eat a bowl of brown rice cooked in minimal oil.
- Breakfast: Three whole tomatoes
- Lunch: 250 gm of meat of your choice with one large tomato
- Evening Snack: Nothing
- Dinner: A bowl of Tomato soup
- Bed-Time Snacks: Nothing
- Choice of meat may include beef, chicken, eggs or fish.
- Vegetarians may substitute meat with cottage cheese, tofu and brown rice.
Day 6: Meat & Vegetables
Day 6 of your GM diet requires you to consume veggies – cooked or uncooked along with lean meat like chicken or fish (if you are a non-vegetarian) or a cup of brown rice (if you are a vegan or vegetarian). By the sixth day of your diet, you will be able to notice significant results in your weight loss journey.
- Breakfast: One bowl of Brussels sprouts or cucumber
- Lunch: 250 gm of meat of your choice/ vegetarian substitute
- Evening Snack: Nothing
- Dinner: A bowl of Cabbage soup
- Bedtime Snacks: Nothing
Day 7: Rice, Fruit and Vegetable Juice
The last day of your GM diet is a combination of eating a cup of brown rice, boiled vegetables as well as vegetables and fruit juice. The goal of incorporating rice and vegetables into the diet is to provide the body with much-needed energy while the fruit juices help to flush toxins from the system.
- Breakfast: A large bowl of watermelon
- Lunch: Brown rice, cottage cheese and a glass of fruit juice
- Evening Snack: Nothing
- Dinner: Brown rice with mixed vegetables of your choice and one or two glasses of fruit juice.
- Bed-Time Snacks: Nothing
Avoid adding any sweeteners to the fruit juice.
The key here is to restrict your daily diet to a preset number of calories and still be able to experiment with different food items on your platter.
Five Foods You Can Include In Your GM Diet: Foods For Weight Loss In 7 Days
Although the GM diet is strictly designed as per the fruits and vegetables you are allowed to take, there are some foods for weight loss in 7 days that you can take in moderate amounts. So, if you are wondering what foods you can consume in addition to the GM diet chart mentioned above, here are some food options you can include in your diet on alternate days but in limited amounts:
- black tea
- green tea
- a handful of nuts (prefer cashews, almonds, walnuts and avoid ground nuts or raisins)
- unsweetened black coffee
Foods To Avoid Eating When Following GM Diet Plan
If you are following this 7 day diet plan for weight loss, here are some food items you need to strictly avoid during the course of your diet to achieve fruitful results.
- For starters, consumption of any other kind of beverage apart from water, be it diet soda, alcohol or any other cold drink is prohibited whilst following the GM meal plan for weight loss.
- All kinds of junk food that we all love to binge eat, white flour and all sorts of packed foods shall also be avoided.
Learn How To Make Wonder Soup For GM Diet – The 7 Day Weight Loss Diet Plan
Some people may not fulfil their appetite while following the GM meal plan for weight loss and that’s when the wonder soup comes into play. The wonder soup is an important part of the GM diet and can be consumed in relatively higher quantities on any day, in order to make sure that one doesn’t go hungry.
Also called the GM diet cabbage soup, the wonder soup is a flavoursome soup that can be consumed on any day of your General Motors diet. This soup is especially great if you are tired of the continuous eating of fruits and vegetables but don’t want to leave the diet in between.
The soup is high in nutrients and can help you improve your digestion, boost your metabolism, and, most importantly, satisfy your hunger.
- Onions and celery should be cleaned and chopped.
- Clean the tomatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Clean the spinach and coarsely cut it (you may also add some cabbage here).
- In a saucepan, heat the water and add the onions, tomatoes, and celery.
- Toss in the spinach, chopped.
- For taste, season the soup with salt, rock salt, and pepper. If you want to make it spicy, you can increase the amount of black pepper.
- Bring everything to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once the veggies have softened a little, reduce to a simmer.
- Sprinkle some coriander, green chillies, mint, and half a lemon juice.
- Simmer until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
- Remove from the heat, squeeze in the remaining half of a lemon, and serve immediately.
- You may also make a larger batch of GM Diet Soup and keep it in the refrigerator. When hunger pains strike, heat and eat.
- Deseeding or lowering the heat of the chillies will help. If you don’t want to add them, you may leave them out.
Check These Points To Remember When Following Indian GM Diet Meal Plan For Weight Loss
If you decide to follow this 7-day diet plan for weight loss even after knowing its potential risks, here are some important things to remember.
- When people follow the Indian GM diet plan, they lose weight within the first three days as the carb intake is reduced by some 1000 calories a day.
- The Indian GM diet plan is a low-carb diet, so experts advise that low-intensity workouts like yoga must be done.
- For the first three days of following the Indian GM diet plan, there is no restriction on the quantity of food you intake. Also, avoid going to the gym in the first three days of the diet plan. So, as per experts, it is advised that you should eat more than the recommended amount on the remaining days of the diet plan if you wish to have better weight results.
- In the next seven days of starting the Indian GM diet plan for weight loss, you will lose about four to seven kgs of your weight.
4 Types Of People Who Should Not Follow The GM Diet
This 7 day diet plan for weight loss is not recommended for everyone because it goes against the principles of a balanced diet, even after focusing on the consumption of complex carbohydrates and low-calorie items.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women must not follow the Indian GM diet plan before consulting the doctor.
- People who have physically active routines or jobs, for example, people who do strength training.
- People who suffer from type 1, type 2 diabetes, and thyroid diseases should not follow the Indian GM diet plan.
- Women suffering from PCOD and PCOS issues must consult their dietician to take the best diet.
Youtuber BeerBiceps Considers The GM Diet As The Worst Diet Plan Ever: Here’s Why!
BeerBiceps is one of India’s leading fitness channels owned by Ranveer Arora Allahbadia, a certified fitness coach. The YouTuber calls this 7 day weight loss diet plan the worst diet ever as there is no scientific evidence to back or prove that you will lose weight from the Indian GM diet plan.
- According to him, the most fearsome con of the Indian GM diet plan is that the back bounce rate of this plan is very high.
- Once your diet is over and you start following your regular diet, you get back to your original weight.
- So it can be said that after the GM diet plan is over, you have to follow a strict diet for the long term, leading to health problems.
- As the GM Diet plan stops the intake of certain food altogether, it can decrease the number of vitamins and other nutrients in the body.
- BeerBiceps is also of the viewpoint that following an Indian GM diet plan for a long time can lead to lethargy and exhaustion.
Health Issues Related to the GM Diet To Lose Weight In 7 Days
According to many fitness coaches, dieticians and nutritionists, following this 7 day weight loss diet plan has many side effects. Here are some of the health issues you must be aware of if you want to follow the GM diet.
1. Muscle Weakness
The amount of protein consumed in the Indian GM diet plan is zero in the first three days, which leads to muscle weakness.
As the body consumes all the stored proteins and energy sources during the Indian GM diet plan, it can lead to excess hormone production that can lead to headaches.
3. Decreased Metabolism Eventually
While the GM diet might seem to boost the metabolism initially, thereby leading to quick weight loss, it can actually cause a metabolic slowdown in your body over time. Furthermore, this metabolic slowdown will make it difficult for you to lose weight or maintain it in the future.
Know What Happens To Your Body When You Follow General Motors Diet: How Does GM Diet Plan Work?
The GM Diet chart is based on the concept of energy balance. According to this theory, when the amount of calories ingested equals the number of calories burned, your body weight remains constant. This 7 day diet plan for weight loss, based on this theory, asserts that eating fewer calories leads to weight loss.
In simpler words, the daily calorie consumption is lowered while following the diet chart, with low-calorie foods such as fruits and vegetables. The digestive process is enhanced. Weight reduction is triggered by a healthy digestive system, which works as a catalyst. Second, fruits and vegetables boost metabolism, which accelerates the fat-burning process.
Furthermore, because fruits and vegetables are high in water, the GM diet plan keeps you hydrated. This simple reasoning aids in rapid weight loss.
Make Sure To Read These Side Effects Of General Motors Diet Before Following
Although the prospect of significant weight loss in a short period of time may be appealing, the GM diet plan is not without its drawbacks. Here are some of the major side effects of following this 7 day weight loss diet plan:
1. Lacks Important Nutrients
Certain vital dietary categories, such as healthy fats and protein, may be deficient in people who follow the GM diet to lose weight in 7 days. Their diet may also be deficient in important vitamins and minerals obtained through a varied diet of nutritious foods.
While trans fats found in many fried and baked meals can elevate cholesterol and create health concerns, the human body needs healthy unsaturated fats to function properly. Unsaturated fats, such as those found in salmon, avocados, and walnuts, can help lower cholesterol and provide other health advantages.
2. Short-Term Weight Loss
The GM diet chart is not recommended as a long-term weight-loss plan, as it may cause a person to gain weight if they stop following it. One reason is that this 7 day weight loss diet plan does not often teach healthy cooking and eating practices, which are critical for long-term weight control.
Short-term diet regimens are less efficient at maintaining weight reduction than long-term lifestyle modifications like increased exercise and cooking with various healthy items.
3. Other Risks Involved
Other risks of this 7 days diet plan include:
- muscle weakness
- poor physical performance during exercise
Should You Try The GM Diet Plan For Weight Loss?
Indian GM diet plan is a 7 days diet plan if you want to lose weight in the short term. If you follow this quick weight loss diet plan for a long time, it can lead to severe health issues and a weakening of immunity. Instead of following the Indian GM diet plan, you must consult a dietician and take a balanced diet plan to lose weight.
The Indian GM diet plan includes minimal proteins, vitamins, and other essential nutrients, leading to severe medical conditions. Though a balanced diet plan would be time-consuming, you should adopt a healthy way to lose weight.
Does General Motors Diet Plan Work For Everyone?
Because of the diet’s limits, not everyone can follow it. The diet should not be followed by pregnant women or youngsters who are still growing. It’s also not a good idea for folks with arthritis or cardiac problems to follow this diet to lose weight in 7 days. Before beginning the diet, you should speak with your doctor.
How To Maintain Weight After Finishing Your GM Diet?
If you are still convinced that this 7 day diet plan for weight loss is the best weight loss diet, here are a few things to remember if you want to maintain your weight after finishing the regimen.
- The best thing you can do is eat a healthy diet.
- Make a change to your regular routine.
- Consume a low-carb, high-protein diet after the GM procedure.
- Maintain a high-fibre diet and drink lots of water.
- The body will remain clean and detoxified as a result of this.
- You can stick to this modified diet until you’re ready to move to the next GM diet.